- Interviewed and featured by SEEKER in a YOUTUBE video entitled “Is the cure for superbugs hiding deep under the earth? Posted on January 21, 2019 https://www.seeker.com/videos/health/where-is-the-cure-for-drug-resistant-bacteria
- Interviewed and featured in New York Times video titled “Spelunking for search of antibiotics” April 27, 2017 by Zoe Ducklow and Emily McCarty (UBC 2017 Graduate School of Journalism graduates) in the 360-degree movie format (for virtual reality), the New York Times video, published online September 24, 2017. https://www.nytimes.com/video/science/100000005422667/spelunking-antibiotics-canada-cave.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fscience&action=click&contentCollection=science®ion=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=4&pgtype=sectionfront
- Interviewed and featured by Francois-Xavier De Ruydts, an independent film maker for the Francophone Canadian TV series on the natural history of Canada (TV5 and/or UNIS TV: http://www.terresdexploration.ca) (Filmed on March 14, 2017). Aired on April 2018.
- Interviewed and featured by Bloomberg TV aired online entitled “Stalking Cave Bacteria to Make Secret Weapons Against Superbugs” on May 3, 2016 at the link below: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2016-05-03/life-saving-anitbiotics-could-be-hidden-in-caves
- Interviewed and featured by Al Jazeera news (Filmed on February 11, 2016). Aired March 30, 2016. http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/03/battling-superbugs-cave-bacteria-hold-answer-160329171029612.html
- Interviewed with students and Jennifer Harbaruk (Canadian Cancer Society) on the “TRU Ferments Event” on March 14, 2016. http://cfjctoday.com/midday
- Featured for the “The Antibiotic Hunters” by the Nature of Things (filmed on April 25, June 5 and early July 2014 at the iron Curtain Cave and TRU Microbiology lab). Aired on March 5, 2015.http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episodes//the-antibiotic-hunters
- Mentioned as a collaborator in an interview of Dr. Cori Lausen on Global TV on “White nose syndrome threating bats across Canada” on October 27, 2014. http://globalnews.ca/news/1637252/white-nose-syndrome-threatening-bats-across-canada/?hootPostID=eb11039826eed0d0b66a60a61d3bf407
- Featured in Global 16×9 episode Ice Cave Explorers and will be aired on September 28, 2013.http://globalnews.ca/video/868738/full-story-mapping-the-underworld
- Featured by the Leading Edge Knowledge Network program of Knowledge network TV for research activity at alkaline ponds, Filmed on Oct 6, 2004. Aired in February 2005.
- Featured by the Body & Health program of Global TV for a research activity at caves in Wells Gray Park, Filmed on Oct 6-7, 2003. Aired in March 2004.
- Interviewed by BBC Outlook: Discovery: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06p3dd9
- Interviewed by CBC: https://www.facebook.com/CBC-Kamloops-253739841396467/
- Interviewed by BBC World Service (UK, Scotland and Europe) after the UK Wired magazine article was released.
- Interviewed by Radio NL on Jimmy Harrison Show on white-nose syndrome probiotic research project funded by the NFWF/BFF on Thursday Oct 26, 2017 (Live)
- Interviewed by CBC Radio One “Summer camp exposes Aboriginal students to science: TRU’s Aboriginal Science and Health Sciences Summer Camp continues to get more participants.” Aired on July 27, 2016. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kamloops/summer-camp-exposes-aboriginal-students-to-science-1.3696267
- Interviewed with students and Jennifer Harbaruk (Canadian Cancer Society) on the “TRU Ferments” Daybreak-CBC Radio on March 15, 2016. http://www.cbc.ca/kamloops/daybreak/
- Interviewed with students and Jennifer Harbaruk (Canadian Cancer Society) on the “TRU Ferments Event” on March 17, 2016 on B-100. http://www.b100.ca/
- Interviewed by RadioNL in regards to the white nose syndrome in bats project and funding from government on February 7, 2014.
- Interviewed by CBC radio live on Monday September 23, 2013.
- Interviewed on “Tempeh production in undergraduate Intro Micro Lab” by American Society for Microbiology (ASM) MicrobeWorld Radio Podcast during the ASM’s General Meeting and ASMCUE in Orlando, Fl from May 21-25, 2006. Aired in October 2006.
- CBC morning radio show “Day Break”, Interviewed on “A coup in Thailand”, April 2006.
- CBC morning radio show “Day Break”, Live interviewed from Thailand on “Tsunami in Thailand”, January 2004.
- Interviewed and featured in an article entitled “Motes from Underground: Will cave soil save us from drug-resistant superbugs?” written by Peter Andrey Smith for Harper’s Magazine and was published on December 7, 2015. Available from [http://harpers.org/archive/2015/12/motes-from-underground/] or [http://www.peterandreysmith.com/clip/underground.pdf]
- Interviewed and featured by Ryan Stuart for the Kootenay Mountain Culture Magazine (Science Issue) for an article on “Deep and Sick” Issue Summer 2015.
- Featured in an article “Scientific Discovery for Students” in Kamloops This Week by Dale Bass on January 23, 2015.http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/scientific-discovery-students/
- Interviewed in an article entitled “Bat-killing disease bad news for North America’s ecosystem” TRU’s Independent Student Newspaper “The Omega” in the volume 24, issue 12, November 19, 2014; p9.http://truomega.ca/2014/11/17/bat-killing-disease-bad-news-for-north-americas-ecosystems/
- Interviewed in the Metro News: http://metronews.ca/news/canada/100474/cave-could-be-source-of-new-antibiotics/ Cave could be source of new antibiotics. April 11, 2012.
- Interviewed and featured in an article entitled “The cave mappers: Nicholaus Vieira and his team map one of the largest caves in Canada” By Joshua Rapp Learn in the Canadian Geographic April 2014 issue page 36-37 and online at http://www.canadiangeographic.ca/magazine/apr14/expeditions.asp
- Mentioned in a local newsletter in regards to a talk at the Big Little Science Center on March 27, 2104. North Shore Echo, March 19, 2014 page 6 (Volume 13 number 12).
- Referred in an article entitled “The deep places of the world” TRU’s Independent Student Newspaper “The Omega” in the volume 3, issue 16, January 22, 2014; p4.
- Interviewed in an article entitled “When art meets science, beautiful things happen” in the Kamloops This Week. January 17, 2014 pA21-A22.
- Interviewed in an article entitled “Science can be beautiful” in the TRU’s Independent Student Newspaper “The Omega” in the volume 3, issue 15, January 15, 2014; p4.
- Interviewed and featured in the “A trio of professors has undertaken research into antibiotics and methods to combat superbugs” in then the TRU Student Newspaper by Mark Hendricks and was onlined on November 2013.
- Interviewed and featured in the British Columbia Magazine in an article entitled “CaveRx”in Winter issue 2012 pg. 12.
- Interviewed and quoted by the Canadian Press in regards to the publication entitled “Antibiotic resistance is prevalent in isolated cave microbiome” published in PLoS ONE on April 11, 2012.
- Interviewed and featured in an article entitled “Micro to Macro:How looking at the tiniest organisms helped Kevin Sherman see the world” TRU bridges (TRU Alumni & Friends Magazine) Spring 2012 Issue7: 34-35.
- Interviewed and quoted in the Just Ask Us (Reader’s Reporter) Editor’s column of the Daily News, Kamloops on Wednesday October 27, 2010 on diversity (pickle-weed) of alkaline ponds.
- Interviewed and featured as a Scientist of the Month by the Office of Science and Technology (OSTC) Royal Thai Embassy, Washington DC in 2011.
- Nominated and won the Microsoft 2010 “Make Canada Great” competition.
- Interviewed and quoted in Kamloops Daily News by Jeff Lawrence in the article entitled “Would you sit on this?; Smelly. Dirty. Unkept. These are the conditions of some of the city’s public washrooms.” Jeff Lawrence. Kamloops Daily News. Kamloops, B.C.: Jul 18, 2008. pg. A.
- Interviewed and featured in an article entitled “Finding cures from caves” published in a local magazine entitled “Nature West” page 2 – 3 in April 2003.
- Interviewed in the article entitled “Immigrating Women in Science (IWIS) Women Meet the Challenge” Autumn IWIS Newssheet – The Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology (SCWIST) News October 2002.
- Breastfeeding Art Expo (http://breastfeedingartexpo.ca/): a community art project. Dr. Cheeptham’s collaboration with Maureen Smith on the Project#8 Human Milk Project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ewQwuUivs
- The Search For New Antibiotics, narrated by Dr. Cheeptham (this commission was funded by the Society of Applied Microbiology (UK-SfAM)’s Public Engagement and President Fund). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3_ujD53aL8